Sunday, January 11, 2009

Clues, clues and more clues.

I love trying to figure out the history of decoration from the little bits left behind by previous inhabitants. I posted awhile back about the fish wallpaper and sponge paint job discovered while doing work on my bath. This is a pic of the linoleum tile I found underneath several layers of vinyl and stick down:

It seems to be a match, color wise, to the fish and sponge paint job. Also the paint is on the outside of the clawfoot tub, and the linoleum is the last layer of floor to go under the clawfoot legs. I thought the fish wallpaper was maybe from the 20s or 30s, but here is a link to a picture of a 1952 Armstrong Linoleum ad. Isn't that the same tile?

(PS American Vintage's Flickr stream, where I got this ad from, is amazing!!!!!) (I have been browsing it for hours, this post should just be about that.)

No comments: